Can
"Can" indicates skill or ability. In these cases it can be translated as "power" in Spanish.
Examples :
- I can speak five languages
- We can work late tonight if you need us
- Bill and Tom can’t help you
- The restaurant can be expensive if you drink a lot of wine.
- It can be dangerous to drive if you are tired
In interrogative sentences, the use of "can" may request permission or inquire about possibilities.
- Can I have a glass of water?
- Can you help me?
- Can they work late tonight?
Could
"Could" indicates possibility or ability in the past.
Examples :
- Joe could speak Spanish when he was young
- I couldn’t sleep last night.
- It could have been worse.
You can also use "could" for future possibilities
Examples :
- You could pass the test if you studied
- I think it could rain later.
As "you can" in interrogative sentences "could" may request permission or inquire about the possibilities, but is more formal.
- Could you pass the salt please?
- Could you help me?
For more information we can wacht these videos , see you soon !!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario